.

Governor Deval Patrick

Monday, August 3, 2009

I attended a town hall meeting with MA governor Deval Patrick last week, (I'm in the front row to his right). I'm no fan of Deval and was a bit disappointed in not getting picked by him to ask a question. However, before he came out I destroyed the woman sitting next to me in a quick little debate.


I was able to submit a youtube question after the meeting with one of his staffers though. He has yet to post it and I would like to ask for anyone viewing this post for help with something that I'll get to in a minute. I watched a speech from Deval explaining why he needs to raise taxes and reform government. Here's my response to his "necessary" tax increases:


"Our true choice is not between tax reduction, on the one hand, and the avoidance of large federal deficits on the other. It is between two kinds of deficits - a chronic deficit of inertia, as the unwanted result of inadequate revenues and a restricted economy - or a temporary deficit of transition, resulting from a tax cut designed to boost the economy, produce revenues, and achieve a future budget surplus. The first type of deficit is a sign of waste and weakness - the second reflects an investment in the future." - John F Kennedy.

Remember Calvin Coolidge and the roaring 20's? Well here's a quote from Coolidge back in 1924!!

"Experience does not show that the higher tax rate produces the larger revenue. Experience is all the other way. There is no escaping that when the taxation of large incomes is excessive, they tend to disappear.

I agree with those who wish to relieve the small taxpayer by getting the largest possible contribution from the people with large incomes. But if the rates on large incomes are so high that they disappear, the small taxpayer will be left with the entire burden.

If, on the other hand the rates are placed where they will produce the most revenue from large incomes, then the small taxpayer will be relieved" - Calvin Coolidge

Is Deval going to try and convince us that JFK was a big business conservative republican?!!!

MAYBE DEVAL PATRICK AND ALL OF OBAMA'S "ECONOMISTS" SHOULD PICK UP AN ACCURATE HISTORY BOOK AND LEARN A THING OR TWO!!!!!

Here's where I would like your help. This Wednesday will be a week since I submitted a recorded youtube question with a Deval staffer at the event. I wish he called on me during the meeting, trust me I tried, lucky him. This Wednesday I would like to flood Deval's office with calls demanding my youtube question. The more people I get to call, the more we'll pressure the release of my question that I feel he may be afraid to take on.


Late Tuesday night I will post another request on this blog for anyone who's willing to call to do so. There is of course no obligation to and plenty of people have already agreed to help me with this. I just figure the more the merrier. Constituent services: (617) - 725 - 4005 Deval's office: (617) - 725 - 4000 I was told it would take 3 days to get online. As of now it's been 5. If he does post it by Wednesday I'll post it here.


I was told to call the Constituent services number, the other is just in case. If he won't post my question relating to long term economic growth then we should ask him another question......why? Thanks for listening.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP